In July 2005 I was in Boston for 10 days in my first visit since 2000. Our 2004 winter vacation was Feb. 14-25, to the Yucatan, which we first visited Feb. 10-18 1996.
The past few years have been economically hard, so international travel has been limited. I've been to every county in Oregon, and made trips to California and Washington State (which is admittedly only a 45 minute drive away). In 1997 we took a Trip Around the World -- London, Athens, Turkey, Cairo, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, India, and Thailand.
1997's premium winter vacation was March 7-12 to
...Tortola - a sailing charter! This photo is really from Virgin Gorda, NE of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands .
In July 1995 we traveled to Japan, visiting Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nara.
We have used Lonely Planet guides for all our vacations (especially our Trip Around the World)
Travel (so far, 46 US states, 13 countries on 4 continents),
Favorite Travel Sites:
- Abroad: Okavango Delta, Botswana; Tortola; S. India; Yucatan
- USA: Hawaii; Bryce Canyon;
- Northwest Sites: Newport, OR; Columbia Gorge; Mt. St. Helens
- New England sites: Equinox Mountain Inn, Manchester, VT; Cape Ann; Crawford Notch
- Favorite Boston sites: The New Garden; La Groceria; MFA; JFK Library