# 3 sent Oct. 24, I think
Dear Mom, friends, & family,
Greetings from India! I'm typing in Bangalore at a PC of our travel agent. Here's a Top Ten list of African highlights, in reverse chronological order:
- 70 vultures screaming, hissing, and jumping over each other to get to a lion-killed a zebra, crowding aside hyenas and jackals. Our guide then showed us lion prints, the place the zebra was killed and intestines emptied, and the track where the body was dragged under a tree. Chief's island, Moremi Park, Botswana.
- Three wattled cranes soaring in for a landing 50' from us in Moremi Park
- An elephant eating from the tree we were camped under at Chobe Park in Botswana
- Ten elephants climbing into and swimming across the Chobe River in Chobe Park, from 30' away on a riverboat
- Five lions stalking 4 Cape Buffalo for half and hour - and failing
- 230 Cape buffalo herding into a watering hole at Hwange Park in Zimbabwe
- 40 elephants doing the same thing two days earlier
- A lioness eating a zebra - putting her head & shoulders inside - also in Hwange. We were 20' away (we were in a rolled-up car), and I don't ever want to be closer to a lion in the wild.
- Our evening in a park lodge at Kyle Park in Zimbabwe - beautiful gardens, a magnificent view of the lake, deafening frogs, and the place almost to ourselves. We sat on a screen porch listening to the night for a long time.
- Seeing five rhinos - 3 adult, 2 young from 100' away on horseback in Kyle Park
- The unbelievably bright stars on our night drive in Kruger Park
Our trip here went smoothly. I'll fax a list of hotel addresses & contact points tomorrow. Hope all is well in your corner of the world.
Tom & Carol
PS Please forward this to the mailing list
PPS Happy birthday to Joan on Friday
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ..